|Virginia State University Foundation
P.O. Box 9027
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Virginia State University
1 Hayden Drive
Petersburg, VA 23806
- Completed the Foundation’s role in the property acquisition process and transferred the acquired properties to the University for the continue progress toward the completion of the master plan.
- The VSU Foundation was represented on the Presidential Transition Committee.
- The Foundation has established the vehicle by which to accept a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- Updated the investment policy.
- Provided scholarship awards of $234,000.
- For fiscal year ending June 30, 2010, twenty-six new endowment and restricted accounts were created with initial investments of $371,020.
- Actively engaged in the Major Gifts Campaign for the University.
- Completed the RFP process for audit services. The new Auditor began providing services on July 1, 2009.
- Completed the transfer of accounting services to the University. The new Manager of Foundation Accounting began providing accounting services effective July 1, 2009.
- The VSU Foundation was represented on the Presidential Search Committee.
- Continued property acquisitions in support of VSU master plan.
- Provided scholarship awards of $192,000.
- Initial property acquisitions in support of VSU master plan.
- Finalized the changes to the Articles of Incorporation and By-laws.
- Established the following committees: Scholarship, Investment and By-Laws.
- Changed the Articles of Incorporation and By-laws to increase the number of board members and to participate in fund raising.
- Updated the investment policy and changed investment managers.
- Increase in scholarship awards ($301, 000 in 2006 versus $222,000 in 2005).