Virginia State University Excellence and Beyond
Recently, U.S. News & World Report named Virginia State University as the top master’s level, public Historically Black College or University in America. This honor is one of many notable accomplishments in 2007, the 125th anniversary year of the University. Among these accomplishments are the:
- Groundbreaking for a $27 million, 504-bed residence hall and dining facility
- Opening of the University’s new $20 million Engineering and Technology building
- The School of Business earning international accreditation through the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The unveiling of a Campus Master Plan to help guide the University in the development of its building and grounds through the year 2020
- Completion of 31 percent of the 379 action items listed in the University’s 20/20 Vision Plan
Through the stellar efforts of the University’s leaders over the past fourteen years, Virginia State University is renowned for strong fiscal management. As well, state-of-the-art instructional materials and equipment, renovated and newly-constructed buildings, and competitive compensation for faculty and staff are also hallmarks of the University.